Friday, September 30, 2005

Korean Buddhist Vegetarian Fare


Life with the tengooz is INTENSE, and sometimes you just HAVE TO get away from all the excitement, intrigue, and general INSANITY. This is especially true after a 4 hour show in which you've given everything you've got,taking it to the LIMIT and performing until you are nearly BLIND!
One of the places that I sometimes take of to the day after a gig is Korea,the Land of the Morning Calm. Dont get me wrong, Korea is not a relaxed place,in fact its almost as frenetic as the Tengooz,but within all that aggressive up and coming energy there are tranquil oases of serenity and beauty.
Since Im a vegetarian(see, you learn a little more about me every day!)my favorite spot in Seoul8and one of my favorite in the world!) is Sanchon, a Buddhist Vegetarian resaurant hidden among the winding alleys of Insa Dong,the traditional art and antique district.The only drawback there is to a meal at Sanchon is that there is so much food, or should I say so many small dishes,that a meal there pretty much knocks you out for the day!
The tea shop next door is tastefully decorate with traditional motifs, and if there is room enough in your stomach you can enjoy fruit and nut teas as song birds fly freely about the room.Its very special and these two places have drawn me back again and again!
Tomorrow night,i'll probably go with Jon to the renowned Fireworks competition in tsuchiura, just down the road from my house. Goodnight TenGoophiles
Avi Landau

No comments: