Thursday, March 29, 2007

TenGooz Live in Adelaide

Hello loyal legions of TenGoophiles! Or should I say G'day?

We finally have a day off,so I have a bit of time to fill in on whats been going on. The band arrived safely,but groggy after the long flight.I had arrived two days earlier,and had been on the radio with Sue,3d radios super dj and allround wonder person.Thanks to Sue and Ross, weve really felt at home here and Ross"s extensive knowledge of local history and lore have helped to give me a deeper understanding of this beaytiful city.
There were beautiful TenGooz posters put up around the city, some designed by Brett and some by Jon,so when the guys arrived they felt quite welcome.
Our town house is very comfortable and I would even say palatial by Japanese standards, situated in a lovely,quiet suburb surrounded by stately eucalyptus trees. Ross made Jon very happy by bringing over his barbecue set, which has already been put to extensive use.
Our first gigs went down at the Wheatsheaf,a great venue with a fantastic clientele. Our three shows went over real well and we couldnt have hoped for a better response, though we could have hoped for more people.
On Saturday night we had everybody dancing and even got some people shakin it up on Suday afternoon.

A review appeared in the largest Adelaide paper with a 4 star rating and adulatory praise.

We still have 2 more shows to go! I have lots more to tell, but I will be back with more blogging on Friday!

Stay Grounded in Groove

Avi

1 comment:

moobaa said...

Hi Avi, Kenya, Tanaka, Jon, and FUNK-GOD HaseG :)

I caught your shows on Saturday night at the Wheatsheaf, and Thursday at the Elephant - I'm the manically grinning long haired guy :)

I'm so glad you guys came out to Adelaide for these shows - you're incredible live, I loved your work, especially the sets at the Wheatsheaf - they seemed perfectly formed, like a careful ascension to the top of a mountain with a beautiful view. Fantastic stuff; I wrote a bit more about it on my Festival blog (along with all the other shows I've seen) at ff.moobaa.com; the TenGooz entry is here.

Thanks again for coming to Adelaide; I certainly hope that it's possible for you to return.

Arigato gozaimasu...

(I believe that's the correct form... thankyou for an act that has not yet ended :)


Pete.