Saturday, October 28, 2006

Practice,New Songs!

Hello,out there. Its a gig night tonight. Kenya will be driving in from Funabashi,in Chiba prefecture,about an hour and a half drive from the venue. I havent seen him since we parted on Swanston street in melbourne. Jon will being coming by train from Tokyo. We said hw is skipping an office party to make it tonight.Tanaka might be working until just before the gig,but then again he might have taken the day off,and i hope he did! HaseG will be meeting me at my place at about 6:30. We will then load all the gear up, and takre it to CorkHeads and begin setting up.
For tonight we havent done much publicity because there should be a crowd beyond capacity for the Halloween gig.I still will have to copy some fliers, and also somehandouts similar to namecards with our website and contact info. I will also prepare some copies of a recent article about us that appeared in the Joyo Shimbun.If I have time ill also try to make xeroxed copies of some of tanakas pictures from australia.I will also have to prepare some cds for sale and something to wear.
I`ll just try to stay calm and hope that everything goes well.
Thursday night was a mekhaye(a refreshing tonic). Tanaka,HaseG and I got together at song cycle for a song writing session. We basically when around the 3 of us, first HaseG then Tanaka and then myself, with each of us have to put out something for jam.HaseG`s Bossa Nova style line clicked instantly and I came up with a melody line and Tanaka played some very fitting guitar.The song is almost ready to go!!! I would feel comfortable with it tonight!!
We also practiced a song we havent played in a while,Capo Verde, and felt really good with it with HaseGs faster bass accompaniment.
Come tonight,if you can1 You might hear the fruits of that 2 hour session.
Thats all for now
Avi

No comments: