Saturday, March 21, 2009

The TenGooz very own Jon Hicks alive, very well, and still doing his thing- now on the silver screen!

Though born and raised in Nashville, the heart of the country music world,
The TenGooz original drummer and Tengoo For Life Jon Hicks is Rock and Roll
incarnate. While he was playing with us, he was not only invaluable for his song-writing and arranging contributions, but he
help us play some gigs that more than a few people might not ever forget, literally whipping crowds up into a frenzy with his singing and drumming.

Unfortunately, after our second Australian tour, Jon had to move to Tokyo, leaving an unhealed wound in the TenGooz soul.
We have been forging on, as you know, but many of our fans wonder what happened to Jon. In fact a Yahoo Japan search of Tengooz will ask you if you were searching for
tengooz jon!

Well... the other day I got an email from our old friend asking when he could drop by, and we arranged for a short meeting last Wednesday night, Seeing him brought back a flood of memories, old the gigs, recording sessions, road trips, and all the rehearsals we used to have at his
sound-proofed MANSION.

Anyway, Id like to tell all you TenGophiles Jon looks great and is still doing his thing-based in Tokyo with a band called The Dirty T`s who you can catch at various venues in Tokyo. This winter they were hired by the Hilton Hotel in Hokkaido to be the house band. Resort room, food , snow-boarding,
and rock n` roll everday- Jon Heaven!

Another exciting bit of news- Jon we be strutting his stuff on the silver screen in a soon to be released motion picture- more details when I get them!

Thats all for now

Dont forget to check out our new album- G-String

Avi Landau

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I'm the mother of twins whom you met in Hojo English class for babies.
At the last lesson, I heard you said "Jon was on TV" to someone and I thought I might know "the" Jon!
I visited your site and I found I know your old band member Jon and also present member Thomas! I worked with them! And I read an article about Thomas before. I knew that I live close with Thomas and I was surprised because we worked together many years ago in a different city.
I just listened to two of your songs, but I felt you are a great musicisn!
See you on May 13th.