Monday, April 14, 2008

Watching You Smile

Two questions I'm often asked about our recent song watching You smile are: Avi, are you satisfied with the vocals?
and:What is that ringing sound that can be heard throughout the song?

Well,let me answer both questions.
First,no.The vocals will be redone and we will probably also do a version with Jenny singing.
next, the instrument used in the song is a rin, a Buddhist bell found at temples and at peoples home altars.
While thinking about the song and its theme of sudden pure inspiration, I had the idea of using such a sound.
I went into the first buddhist altar shop I found and tried out the sonorities of each one they had.
The one i finally selected was the most unusual in shape, and the most expensive!I knew that it was just right for the song, so i just took out the money and smiled!
We also used it to good effect at the ballad in Wood Show to which we created the music.

Avi Landau

No comments: