Sunday, October 30, 2005

Halloween Madness!!!!!!

Just got back from our HUGE Halloween bash at the Corkheads. Kenya is staying here for the night, but we dont have much time to rest because its 3:30 now and we have our next gig tomorrow morning at 11:00 at the Tsukuba style festival main stage.
Tonight was certainly a success, especially in terms of turnout.It was so crowded that I couldnt do my usually thing,
which means dancing like a madman all night, because I was jammed up against the rest of the band, completely cornered. Thats just as well, since for some reason i had almost NO energy tonight. In fact I thought I was gonna pass out!this might have been because I had no dinner but more probably because I did the first set in mask and heavy shirt and I got overheated
It was also great working with DJ Makoto, who kept things going during our much longer than usual breaks. His selections were also much more to my liking than the DJs we have had at the barge Inn.
Jon and I spent some quality time together shopping for costumes and then getting a new mike for me! That was definitely a great buy, and with Miki`s skillful mixing.I was about to project my voice even though I was at about 20% of my usual energy.
Jon did a great job emceeing the costume contest and I was impressed by all the great ideas the contestants had.
I guess its lucky the police shut us down early, since we have a gig in a few hours anyway. But tonights dance responce was phenominal! We could have gone on till dawn!
Id better get some rest though I dont feel very tired.
More later............

No comments: